Ginseng is an herbal plant found in North America and eastern Asia. There are many health benefits of Ginseng along with different types of ginseng, such as American, Korean red, Indian and Siberian ginseng. American ginseng is a very popular varietal. It is a perennial plant that grows in the mountains of Eastern Asia.
The English word “ginseng” comes from the Hokkien Chinese jîn-sim(人蔘). The first character 人 means “person” and the second character 蔘 means “plant root” this refers to the root’s characteristic forked shape, which resembles the legs of a person also known as indigenous or folk medicine. It has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for centuries.
There are many types of this herb, but the most popular are American ginseng and Asian ginseng.
Health benefits of Ginseng
- Antioxidant Potent – Korean red ginseng extract reduces inflammation and improved antioxidant activity is skin cells from people with eczema. Red ginseng may help reduce oxidative stress by increasing antioxidant enzyme activities.
- Brain function– Help improve brain functions like memory, behavior and mood. It assisted the uptake of blood sugar by cells, which could have enhanced performance and reduced mental fatigue
- Improve Erectile Dysfunction- Likewise protects against oxidative stress in blood vessels and tissues in the penis and help restore normal function. Rinseng promotes the production of nitric oxide, a compound that improves muscle relaxation in the penis and increases blood circulation.
- Boost Immune System– Furthermore it strengthens the immune system. Red ginseng extract on immune system markers in people with advanced stomach cancer undergoing post-surgery chemotherapy. Extracts can enhance the effect of vaccinations against diseases like influenza.
- Potential against cancer– Also helps reduce inflammation and provide antioxidant protection. people who take ginseng may have a a 16% lower risk of developing cancer, certain types of cancer, such as lip, mouth, esophagus, stomach, colon, liver and lung cancer.
- Increases Energy level– Contains components like polysaccharides and oligopeptides, with lower oxidative stress and higher energy production in cells, which could help fight fatigue.
- Lowers blood sugar– control of blood glucose in people both with and without diabetes. It improves pancreatic cell function, boost insulin production and enhance the uptake of blood sugar in tissues.
Like every other medicinal herbs or plant It also has its negatives. Sometimes reduce the effectiveness of anticoagulant drugs. Cause allergic skin reactions, nervousness, insomnia, and in serious cases, delirium (restlessness and illusion).
Strictly not recommended for pregnant and lactating women.