Easy breathing techniques for healthy living – Breathing is an involuntary action which involves the inhalation of oxygen from the air and exhalation of carbon dioxide from the body. Breathing lets oxygen enter our body and replenishes the entire system starting from cells to major organs. We breathe since we are born. But breathing consciously makes a lot of difference than breathing default. We don’t use our full lung capacity during regular breathing. A healthy human being even during intense workout uses only 70 percent of the lung capacity. Moreover, our lungs volume decreases from the age of 30. But we can train our lungs to use its full capacity by a few easy breathing techniques.
Easy Breathing Techniques While Walking
Walking is a great exercise as it gives a slow and rhythmic movement to the whole body. Combining breathing techniques with this humble exercise will bring more benefits to your body and especially your lungs.
Breathing Techniques for Walking
- Inhale for two steps and exhale for the next two steps.
- Breathe in for two steps hold the breath for the next step and breathe out for the next two steps
- Breathe in for two stops hold the breath for the next step and breathe out for the next three steps
Easy Breathing Techniques While Sitting
Most of us do a sedentary job which gives no option to get the exercise that our body needs which eventually leads us to get illnesses. Using easy breathing techniques while sitting does a huge favor to your body by destroying free radicals and replenishing body cells.
Breathing Techniques for Sitting
- Sit comfortably. Take a deep breath for 4 seconds. Hold the breath for 2 seconds. And breathe out for 6 seconds.
- Keep your palm on your stomach. Take a deep breath counting 4. Feel the stomach raising up. Exhale slowly through your mouth by gently pushing your palm on the stomach to empty your lungs. Repeat as many times as possible.
Easy Breathing Techniques While Lying Down
Most of us don’t get sleep at once we go to bed. Breathing exercises are a great way to put you to sleep quickly. Also, these easy breathing techniques help cure several sleeping disorders.
Breathing Techniques for Sleeping
- Lie down on your back. Keep your legs and arms in a relaxed position. Close your eyes. Breath in for 4 seconds, hold for 2 seconds and breathe out for 5 seconds. Repeat.
- Lie on your back. Close your eyes. Keep one palm on your chest and the other one on your belly. Breathe in for 5 seconds to feel your stomach bulge while the chest stays still. Hold for 2 seconds. Gently push your belly while breathing out for 6 seconds. Repeat.
These easy breathing techniques not only improve the function of our lungs but also increase the alertness and boost our immune system. By inhaling more oxygen we can promote concentration, energy, and stamina. These easy breathing techniques can be done anywhere and at any time. Controlled breathing exercises provide relief from anxiety, insomnia, and depression.
Breathing techniques involve slowing the inhaling and exhaling process and also holding the air inside the lungs for some time. This helps the lungs absorb all the oxygen from one inhalation. This kind of deep breathing not only relaxes our nervous system but also improves our overall well being.