You need not go to the gym to have a sexy butt and thigh anymore, instead, this one simple exercise can totally change the game. It’s not that hard to do but it gives similar results as your regular intense butt workouts. It is a workout that can be done by anyone without working hard and it called Oyster exercise or clamshell exercise. This exercise specifically concentrates on one’s butt, thighs, and hips. You might have never heard of this exercise before but once you start including it in your routine, you will become its fan. A little space and a little time are all you need to do this exercise.
What Does Oyster Exercise Do?
Glutes are muscles that can grow larger, hence if you want a big sexy butt you need to strengthen them by working out. One of the most effective exercises to do is oyster exercise.
There are several muscles in the lower back of your body that need to be toned and tightened in order to strengthen the lower back region. Gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus are the three major muscle groups that form the butt area. The glutes or your butt muscles are the strongest muscles in your body. It helps create the shape of your butt. When you raise your leg sidewards, rotate your legs, or move your hips forward, Maximus is the muscle that helps with these activities. The other two muscles, Medius and Minimus assist Maximus while raising your legs sidewards and also contribute to some other leg and butt activities. The butt muscles concentrate on the overall balance of your body, hence it helps in even small activities like walking and jogging. When you do clamshell exercise every day, it targets these muscles more and helps you have a rounder and tighter butts.
Gluteus maximus is the biggest muscle in your entire body. The weakening of this muscle can lead to pain and injury as other muscles have to compensate instead. If you do not have healthy glutes, it affects all other major activities.
Signs of Weak Glutes
Your body shows several signs if you have weak glutes. Some of them are listed, if you have any of these signs just know that you have weak glutes and you must perform oyster exercise daily.
- If you have weak glutes, you cannot do anything properly due to the knee or hip pain.
- Soreness in the buttocks.
- Lack of hip mobility and lower back pain are common signs of weak glutes.
- If you have a poor posture and slouching all the time, then it’s time to strengthen your glute muscles.
- Have you ever experienced a sharp pain in your foot? It is another sign of weak glutes.
- Blisters are another common sign.
- Tight hamstrings.
How to Do Oyster Exercise?
- Lie on your side with your head resting on your bent right arm.
- Bend your knees to 90 degrees.
- If you are a beginner, just lift your knees up and down without rotating your hip but make sure to keep your toes together during this process. If you want to take it a step further, then lift your feet too and continue the same process.
- Make sure you are squeezing your butt region while doing the exercise.
- Once you are done with it, then you can stay in the same position and start doing it again but now you are going to move your knees up and down similarly but from knee to knee and toe to toe.
- Once it is over, stay in the same position, one leg bent in 90 degrees. The other leg must be lifted straight. Now move it up and down.
- Once you are done, staying in the same position keep both of your legs bent in 90 degrees. Lift one leg up and down keeping it bent.
- Repeat the same steps again on the other side.
In step 2, you can always add an exercise band to make it simpler.
Steps 3, 4, 5, and 6 must be repeated with each containing 20 reps.
Benefits of Oyster Exercise
- Stabilizes and strengthens hip and pelvic floor muscles.
- It strengthens the gluteus medius.
- Helps to have a rounder and sturdier butt.
- It strengthens the lower back muscles of your body.
- Helps deal with back pain and Sciatica.
- It prevents injury and reduces lower back tension.
When your glute muscles are not working properly, it might lead to lower back pain and muscle imbalances hence, oyster exercise is something that you should include in your daily exercise routine.