Dark chocolate is a rich, bitter chocolate that is typically made of cocoa solids, sugar and cocoa butter (and doesn’t contain any milk). The percentage of cocoa affects the flavour and bitterness.
There isn’t a minimum amount of cocoa that needs to be present for the chocolate to be labelled ‘dark’, so you typically find dark chocolate containing anything from around 50% cocoa all the way up to 100%. Most brands contain 70%, 85% or 90% cocoa.
A)Dark Chocolate Cane Sugar Sea Salt Mask
- 2 bars of dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup of milk
- Sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of cane sugar
- Heat dark chocolate in a double boiler for about 3 minutes.
- Mix sea salt, cane sugar, and 2/3 cup of milk in a bowl.
- Remove melted chocolate from heat. Mix melted chocolate with salt/milk mixture.
- Allow to cool and apply on face while cool but not hardened.
- Leave on until it hardens and wash off with lukewarm water.
B)Dark Chocolate Honey Mask
- 1/8 cup pure, organic honey
- 3 – 5 squares dark chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground oatmeal (you can grind it in a blender)
- 1 tablespoon plain, Greek-style yogurt
- Mix all ingredients into a smooth, creamy paste.
- Massage into face in a gentle, circular motion.
- Leave on 15 minutes and rinse thoroughly with warm water.