We have thin skin on our lips compared to the other parts of our body and they also have lesser oil glands. So on a windy day, our lips crack and chap more and this will cause peeling of lips and bleeding. They have no protection of their own. Strictly follow these winter lip care tips for healthy lips.
1. Exfoliate with Lip Scrub
Exfoliating your lips will remove the dead layers of the skin and regenerate cells. During the winter season, exfoliate your lips once a week and regular exfoliation is not needed.
- To exfoliate your lips, make your lip scrubs with sugar and olive oil or use a store-bought scrub.
- Massage your lips with petroleum jelly on a cotton ball. Later remove the dead cells using a soft cloth.
2. Stay Hydrated
Drinking plenty of water not only helps your body stay healthy, but it also keeps your lips moist and chap free. This will instantly stop cracking of lips and is one of the best winter lip care tips.
Per day a woman should drink around 2 liters of water, and a man should drink 13 glasses (3 liters) of water per day.
3. Moisturize with Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties which will rehydrate your chapped lips.
Apply it directly on your lips, you can also eat aloe vera for its many health benefits.
4. Remove Makeup before Bed
Your lips need to feel the fresh clear air
- Using a cotton ball remove the makeup from your lips, before you sleep.
- Leave your lips makeup-free at night time so that your lips can breathe the fresh air.
5. Carry a Lip Balm
Sunburns can cause peeling and cracking of lips. Use a quality lip balm to help protect your lips against the sun. You don’t know when your lips will start to dry. So keep a plain basic hydrating lip balm with you all the time. Just apply it before heading outdoors and you’ll feel the difference immediately!