Salt consists of 40% sodium and 60% chloride by weight. It may contain trace amounts of calcium, potassium, iron and zinc. Evermore salt benefits as it is naturally found in most foods. It is also frequently added to foods to improve flavor. Salt benefits us to preserve food. High amounts can prevent growth of the bacteria that cause food to go bad.
There are four common types of salt
- Table salt– Table salt is mostly sodium chloride and heavily processed.
- Sea salt– Natural salts come in their complete, whole form from sea.
- Himalayan pink rock salt– Natural salts come in their complete, whole form mined from the Salt Range Mountains.
- Celtic grey sea salt– Natural salt unprocessed, gourmet, whole salt packed full of naturally occurring, essential minerals.
Best Quality of Salt
- Regular Natural sea salts- Contains small amount of natural iodine, it is typically much less refined than table salt and comes in both fine and coarse varieties. Sea salts contain many more beneficial minerals and tastes better to most people.
- Pink Himalayan rock salt- Evermore rich in minerals and contains all 84 essential traces of elements required by your body. Pink salt can assist in reducing muscle cramps, promoting blood sugar health and promoting healthy pH in our cells.
- Celtic sea salt- Its an unrefined, unprocessed sourced from clean coastal waters along the Guérande Region of Brittany, France.
Treatment of Sore Throat– Sore throat treated by gargling with a cup of warm water mixed with ½ teaspoon of salt.
Maintains Dental Hygiene– Bacterial infections like trench mouth can soothed using a salt water rinse. It helps reduce swelling and soothes sore gums.
Relieves Muscle Cramps– Muscle cramps due to alcoholism, exercise or medications can be relived by fluids intakes that contain salt.
Prevents Iodine Deficiency- Also Iodine is vital for thyroid hormone. However, inadequate amounts of iodine can cause serious health conditions like goiter or hypothyroidism.
Maintain Normal Blood pH– It is naturally of a neutral pH. Our normal pH is slightly alkaline, consumption of many neutral foods helps to maintain that balance.
Can Improve Skin conditions- Its paste can relieve inflammation and itching. Also other conditions include eczema and psoriasis.
Exfoliant Properties- Furthermore it is an effective cheap eco-friendly exfoliating scrub that can clear our pores and help prevent pimples. The anti-bacterial nature of salt removes debris from cells and kills bacteria that cause inflamed pimples.
Healthy nervous system– Also, water of our nervous system requires salt for electrical conduction to send and receive nervous signals.
Vascular health-It also has protective effects against heart disease. Differentiated by sea salt and table salt, which is much less beneficial due its nonexistent mineral profile.
Hence, eating extremely high amounts of salt can be harmful. However, by eating too little may be just as bad for your health.