The popular Il Palio di Siena horserace is set to take place in Italy this summer on July 2nd and August 16th. Each year, the iconic horse racing event attracts thousands of travelers and from around the world. Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco, Massimo and Chiara Ferragamo’s bucolic resort in Montalcino, offers a Private Palio Experience.
Through Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco’s special offer, travelers experience Il Palio from one of Italy’s most historic palaces where individuals such as Tom Hanks and Princess Margaret have watched the race in years past. Overlooking the Piazza del Campo where the Palio takes place, the palace offers unmatched views of the start and finish line of the Palio, as well gourmet Italian cuisine, cocktails and more.
Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco’s Private Palio Experience includes:
• 3-night stay at Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco, including complimentary daily breakfast
• Exclusive access to a private, historic palace in Siena overlooking the Piazza del Campo square on July 1st or August 15th to view the Palio Horse race and all events leading up to it, while enjoying gourmet Italian cuisine and cocktails
July 1st/August 15th:
• Viewing of the final workouts and trials from the historic palace in Siena
• Tuscan sips, snacks and finger foods served throughout the afternoon
• Gourmet dinner in one of the city’s contrada (city quarters)
July 2nd/August 16th:
• Viewing of the Corteo Storico, a stunning historical costume parade that precedes the race and commemorates the ancient institutions, customs and greatness of the Republic of Siena
• Viewing of the Palio Horse race from the palace, featuring 10 horses with jockeys riding bareback and dressed in colored silks representative of their personal contrada
• Authentic Italian cuisine and cocktails served throughout the day
• Private tour of Siena following the race
• Transfers from/to Rosewood Castiglion del Bosco on race trials and race days