People with acne might see better results if they avoid these common skin care mistakes:
- Using oily products. Avoid oily or greasy cosmetics, moisturizers, sunscreens and acne cover-ups. Prefer products that are water based and not likely to block pores (noncomedogenic).
- Forgetting to wash your face daily. Problem areas need gentle cleansing with lukewarm water and mild soap. Do this twice a day and after sweating.
- Being too rough with your skin. Scrubbing too hard or using harsh products such as astringents and masks can worsen acne.
- Touching your face. Keep your hands, phone and hair away from your face. Too much contact can cause flare-ups.
- Picking or squeezing pimples. This can cause an infection or scar.