Almost 90% of pregnant women suffer from this symptom of pregnancy. I’m sure they all envy the remaining 10%. With the joy of having a baby, your body takes even longer to take the news and adjust. Morning sickness is terrible to experience. The nausea, coupled with headaches and fatigue are a part of having a child in most women.
As the name suggests, this bout of nausea usually attacks women in the mornings. But again, there is no hard and fast rule. The pregnant women can be puking all day till she reaches the third month of her first trimester. For most women, morning sickness disappears by the time they reach the third month of the first trimester.
Here are some natural remedies to stop this fuzzy sick feeling of morning sickness:
Citrus is a tried and tested successful remedy for curing morning sickness. You can add it to your herbal teas or even your water to reduce the nauseous feeling.
As weird as it sounds, peppermint keeps morning sickness at bay. Pop a peppermint chocolate in your mouth and you will feel better in no time.
Ginger is said to give your stomach a soothing feeling and will.
Eat safe and dry food like crackers that are easier for you to tolerate, especially when your stomach is going through a sensitive stage.
You can choose to fill your crackers with something stable and nutritious like peanut butter, cheese or natural fruit jams.
Honey and apple cider vinegar
This is a granny age old remedy, followed over the years. Make a mixture out of water, honey and apple cider vinegar and consume. This mixture will settle your senses and soothe your stomach and even take away the headaches.
Vitamin B rich foods
Taking them in the form of supplement pills or natural foods is your choice. But research has proved that women who consumed Vitamin B rich foods, they experienced less vomiting and nausea.
It is very important for you to keep hydrated at all times. Research has proved that women who stayed hydrated has reduced sensation of nausea and puking.
Additional tips to keep the morning sickness at bay:
- Try to avoid things that trigger it on. For some women the morning sickness is triggered by smells of meat or other stuff. Senses of women are highly sensitive during pregnancy.
- Do not remain on an empty stomach. Empty stomach gives more reason to cause nausea.
- Eat smaller meals as they are easier to tolerate as compared to large meals.
- Avoid fatty and oily food as they are not easily digested and won’t be easy to get down in your system.